Enter your name and email to Receive Updates
Avrupa Extends Warrant Expiry Date
April 24, 2012
Avrupa Minerals Ltd. (AVU:TSXV) has received conditional approval from the TSX Venture Exchange to extend the term of certain warrants which would otherwise expire on April 27, 2012.
625,000 warrants granted on October 27, 2010 with the original expiry date of April 27, 2012, are now extended to expire on April 27, 2013, with each warrant entitling the holder to purchase one common share of the Company at $0.55 per share.
Paul Kuhn, President and CEO, commented, “Our shareholders have been adversely affected by the poor financial market conditions and, by extending the term of these warrants, Avrupa has the possibility to receive the funds from the exercise of the warrants, while giving our loyal shareholders a better opportunity to exercise the warrants.”
Avrupa Minerals Ltd. is a growth-oriented junior exploration and development company focused on aggressive exploration, using a prospect generator model, for valuable mineral deposits in politically stable and prospective regions of Europe, including Portugal, Kosovo, and Germany.
The Company has an exciting portfolio of exploration projects consisting of:
- Copper and Zinc in southern Portugal at Marateca and in the Alvalade JV project area located in the Iberian Pyrite Belt, where Europe’s richest active copper mine operates;
- Tungsten and Gold in northern Portugal at the Covas JV project area;
- Gold, Bismuth, and Tellurium on the newly issued Arga license, located in northern Portugal, adjacent to the Covas JV;
- Precious metal and REE potential in the Aljezur project area, south Portugal;
- Copper and Gold porphyry potential in southern Portugal in the newly issued Alvito project area;
- Silver, Lead and Zinc in Kosovo at the Glavej, Kamenica, Selac, and Bajgora properties in the Trepça Mineral Belt of the Vardar Zone, historically, Europe’s most productive district for lead and zinc;
- Copper and Gold in southern Kosovo within the Koritnik exploration license area in the Sharr-Dragash intrusive complex;
- Gold in eastern Germany in the 307 km2 Oelsnitz exploration license in the historic Erzgebirge Mining District, a 1000-year producer of tin, tungsten, silver, base metals, and uranium.
For additional information, contact Avrupa Minerals Ltd. at 1-604-687-3520 or visit our website at www.avrupaminerals.com.
On behalf of the Board,
“Paul W. Kuhn”
Paul W. Kuhn, President & Director
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.